Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May 1, 2007 Samurai

I started another game of Samurai on MaBiWeb and had a different set of opponents than the standard group I normally see. This time around the other gamers were: Matthew Frederick (back to screw me again), Mike Gingold, and Rob Smolka. I set this game up with random starting hands for everyone to get a bit of a change in pace. I did not have to go first this time around, and when the others left the big city alone, I went in. Things were going well, until late in the game, when I made the mistake of trying to pad my numbers rather than ensure I had a majority in one of the three areas. I recognized I had screwed up almost immediately, but there wasn't anything I could do to recover. In the end, I had a load of pieces, but no majorities in anything.
Final score (majorities - other tiles - total):
Matthew: 1 - 2 - 7
Charles: 0 - 10 - 10
Mike: 1 - 4 - 8 (winner)
Rob: 0 - 8 - 8

No comments: