Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Introducing Punchboard Media


A while back, my buddy Brandon Kempf (of What Did You Play This Week? etc) hinted that it'd be cool if I revived my blog. Seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did. A little at first and then a bit more as I've tried to find a groove. Before too long, he then asked if I'd be interested in a little venture that he was working on with some other folks. And now here we are - Punchboard Media!
Our Mission Statement
Punchboard Media is a supportive network of board game media content creators committed to promoting games as a way to bring together families, friends, and board game enthusiasts across the globe, while advocating for openness, fairness, and inclusion in the community.
So what does that mean? It means that I somehow snuck into a brilliant group of opinionated and passionate game enthusiasts. Some are doing written content - such as myself. Others are doing podcasts and videos. Some are doing a little of all of it. Topics vary from rules explanations and how to play segments, reviews, and just general opinions about games we play, the state of the gaming world, kickstarter, gaming conventions - you know, BOARDGAMES.

For me, it means a little more exposure and probably some collaboration (or at least participation) with other folks that I might never have even had an opportunity to chat with. In recent years, my pickup on new games (Cult of the New!) has been a bit slow, not sure that will change too much as far as actually playing the newest hotness, but at least I'll have heard about the games and will know what to keep an eye out for.

So head on over to the Punchboard Media site and check us out. Read a few posts, listen to some podcasts, watch a few videos, and then - go play some games!




No comments: