Sunday, January 21, 2007

Jan 14, 2007 Cribbage

I realized that I missed posting about this playing. My family plays a lot of standard card games, Cribbage being one those games they enjoy. My wife, Stephanie, had never played before, so my folks sat down to explain the game to her. My dad went through the basics of the game (scoring, and the flow of the game) and then we jumped right in. Much to our surprise, Stephanie picked it up immediately and only asked a couple questions - mostly checking to make sure she was throwing the right card to the crib on the first few hands. Now, my wife isn't dumb by any means, but if you've never played the game before, the flow of the game, and the scoring can be a bit strange. I never saw my wife mis-count a hand, and she played fairly decently tactically. We ended up playing boys against the girls, and my father and I had a run of decent hands that allowed us to win 121-111. Since it was late, we only played the one game, but I'm sure there will be more coming soon.

No comments: