Saturday, January 22, 2011

Through the Ages (for 2)

Nathan Winchester, Robert Bolan and I finished another couple of games of Through the Ages. Except, it was more accurately, I finished two player games with each of them. Nathan basically raped me the whole game being a bully with his military forces. I tried going the "more advanced" route with Robert, but that didn't help in the end. This is such a good game, but it really becomes mediocre with only two players. I think I'll stick to three player (possibly four).

1 comment:

nwinches said...

Raid.
Plunder.
Raid.
Armed Intervention!
Spy.
Armed Intervention!

Military feels overpowered to the point of being broken in a two player game. That was the first time I've ever tried a military strategy in the game, and I walked all over you. I kept feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere, but each small thing I did was such a major setback to you that you had no chance.