Thursday, November 09, 2017

Collection Churn - October 2017

After no collection changes in September, I managed a couple of changes in the collection this last month. Nothing major, just a couple of sell offs, a trade and a review copy.

Out the door:
  • DVONN - TRADED. I like the GIPF series of games, but they just don't get played much - and I have all of them. Of the series, this is probably 3rd or 4th for me overall (GIPF and YINSH are 1-2 and I could go either with PÜNCT or DVONN after that). So when I had a chance to trade DVONN for Legendary: Civil War, it was pretty much a no-brainer as far as I was concerned. Clear out a game that is behind a bunch of others that are all sitting on my shelf for something I love. 
  • Alhambra: Big Box - SOLD. Some friends and I had worked through all the expansion modules for the first three sets. We found a couple good additions and some duds. In the end, it was all still just Alhambra. Which isn't bad, I just ran out of interest in exploring the game. We hadn't visited the set in a long time and honestly, I didn't care, so I sold off the big beastie.
  • Fields of Arle - SOLD. I traded for it, waited forever to get it, and then never bothered learning how to play it. Another Ewe farming game, but strictly two-players. That would have been ok, but I still have Agricola and Caverna. I still kind of want to try it, but I'm ok with having sold this and not played it.
Incoming: 
  • Spires - I wrote a review about this great little game. It is currently part of a semi-regular rotation at my office and I am reluctant to pass it along to another Punchboard Media member. I guess it is a sign of a good game that I'd purchase this (and I'm sure I will when the review copy leaves me). A great little game with interesting choices packed in a shorter time frame.
  • Legendary: Civil War - I love me some Legendary: Marvel. And while I thought I finally had more than enough, I guess I decided that more isn't a bad thing, so I ended up with some more. Of course, I justified it by trading a game out of my collection (DVONN) for this expansion. The Civil War story was really an Avengers story, which is also fine with me - I've been a comic book Avenger fan for a long time. I'm not entirely sold on the dual card concept, but its ok I guess. 
While I'm thinking about it, if anyone has both sets (Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1 and Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 2) that they want to trade, check out my trade list on BGG and make a reasonable offer. 

Be sure to check us out at PunchBoard Media!

No comments: