Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Painting Descent - April

Over on BGG, the Painter Guild runs a monthly "Challenge List". March was mostly taken up with my dragon, so for April, my (Descent) goal was six figures: Carrion Drakes -  a set of three monsters and the remaining hero/lieutenant figures from the Labyrinth of Ruin expansion. I got them all done along with a couple of other random things. Here are my lifetime totals and the figures I finished for the month:
  • 66 monster figures done
  • 22 hero figures done
  • 12 lieutenants done
  • 23 figures done in 2019 through 18 weeks (my yearlong goal is 1/week)
Carrion Drakes
When I was looking for  color ideas for the drakes, I was pretty surprised that I couldn't find anything that was all that close to the reference art, so I decided to just go with that - green bodies, red backs and faces. Rather than the red tinge on the wings for all of them, I just did that only on the master version.

Raythen Hero
I really only used like one brown on Raythen - all the variations are from washes. This guy was waaaaayy more interesting than his lieutenant model.

Serena Hero
This model was pretty simple. The skin came out a bit more pale than I wanted, but I was trying something new (purple base and layered up the pale color).

Serena Lieutenant
This model was horrible. The face had almost ZERO details and it ended up looking like a four year old did it. Such a crap model. Overall, the model quality for this round of stuff from FFG was terrible. I'm glad they are all done now so I can move along to a new set of things. My plan is to jump into a Hero and Monster set instead of a full boxed set.

Be sure to check us out at PunchBoard Media!

No comments: