Monday, June 20, 2022

More Painting

More Descent painting! On BGG, Chris Graves (voodoochyl) does a monthly Painting Challenge List - mostly these are lists that participants throw up whatever they think they'll get done in the month. Sort of an accountability list. 

Well, for the first time in a long time, I got through my list! The last item on my commitment set was the Crow Hags, which were pretty basic - blue and white, with some blood on the front of their clothes. I pretty much went with the exact same scheme as everyone has done, sticking to the simple game artwork.

In finishing these three figures (along with the previous post's Demons and Skeletons) I finished the Treaty of Champions set of figures. 


As a whole set, this might be (top to bottom) one of the better sets I've finished. I was happy with how pretty much every figure in this set turned out. From adding stubble to an otherwise boring armor clad hero, trying tattoos on the dwarf, adding a bit of glowing fire to another, doing a magma sword for a demon, etc - I enjoyed the work of all of these.

And since its only the middle of the month, I went ahead and added some additional items to my plate. I decided that the next set I'd start to work on was the large expansion box - Shadow of Nerekhall. 

First up I decided to get the stupid rat swarms out of the way using Army Painter Speed Paints. I went with having the master set be a large hoard of albino rats and used the blood paint for their eyes (which was 100% the right choice). Having painted up Mice and Mystics, I knew the exact right paint out of my set to use for the tails (and if I had been more ambitious about them, could have done the ears too). Turned out that just doing the tails and eyes was the perfect amount of detail to make these dumb mob figures into something at least a hair more interesting. And they were simple to get done. Next time - Tinashi the Wanderer (hero). 

Descent Painting Totals: 96 monster figures, 34 hero figures, 12 lieutenants done - 12 monsters, 1 hero completed in 2022

No comments: