Sunday, May 10, 2020

Marvel Champions - She-Hulk vs Rhino


Well, my return to Marvel Champions went much better this time around. I decided to give the She-Hulk a try this time around (using the basic aggression and standard cards) against the same scheme and setup. After the last beatdown I took, I came at the game with a different approach.


This time, I decided to slow play the scenario a little and try to get an ally and some helper cards in play before punching the first stage Rhino's clock. This approached worked really well for me, especially with the She-Hulk. Her Jennifer Walters alter-ego kept the threat down on the scheme, and I also lucked out with a distinct lack of bad guys latched on this time. Because of this, I easily handled She-Hulk's nemesis and the couple of distraction schemes that popped out.

I'm going to have to go back to Spider-man at some point, because frankly, I don't think Rhino was too tough this time. If the first play was a 8 or 9 difficulty, this was a 5. Yes, I can up his difficulty and maybe I would have lost this time against a stacked Rhino, but...

Keep in mind, the Rhino is essentially that first learning scenario - he isn't meant to be so hard as to keep you from wanting to explore the game (which also means (I hope), he and the scenario are probably really vanilla). I still have a couple more heroes to check out - I don't know yet if I'll mix in other bad guy stuff or save that for the other bad guys, but I do want to see what all the base game has  to offer.

So far, this Marvel Champions has my interest, but really only for occasional solo play - it isn't quite as cool as Marvel Legendary, but its hella faster to setup and tear down. I'll let you know how it goes.

Be sure to check us out at PunchBoard Media!

No comments: