Saturday, May 23, 2020

Session Report for AH: TCG - Night of the Zealot: The Midnight Masks


Our new friend, Lita Chandler (the house burner from the first episode) tells us that Arkham has been infiltrated by a number of cultist who are planning something bad at midnight. We need to search them out and expose them and figure out their plans - before midnight.

Roland started with his special .38 revolver, in the central part of Arkham. My options were pretty much anywhere, so I decided to have Roland head to Eastown. Roland found clues and was joined by his buddy the Beat Cop.

Roland then moved on to the Downtown area. Before he could investigate anything, a Winged Terror thing grabbed him and dumped him back in central Arkham. Since he had enough clues, I exposed a cultist - Herman Collins. Herman worked in the graveyard, so Roland headed that way next.

The graveyard would not be friendly to me. Instead of waiting, Roland rushed right down, which meant that Herman engaged and began attacking him. In the midst of beating Henry into submission (by shooting him), Roland saw or did something which meant he was going to have to cover up a crime (the coverup meant that I needed to expend at least three clues to cover it up - each clue left on the card would cost me sanity at the end of the game).

And of course while I was trying to find more clues in the graveyard, a heavy fog rolled in, making the task all the more difficult. I eventually found all the clues and decided to head north (surprisingly to Northtown).

As I was busy trying to finish covering up whatever happened in the graveyard by getting clues in Northtown, a Night Gaunt showed up to harass Roland. Roland wasn't in any shape to deal with it (mentally) and decided to pack it in with having only exposed the one cultist.

After the game. I swapped out a card to bring in another First Aid card. Roland is going into the next scenario starting with two mental dings and hopefully I can find one and get to a point where Roland can last more than a couple turns. Until next time...

Be sure to check us out at PunchBoard Media!

No comments: