Monday, September 25, 2006

Game night Sept. 21, 2006

Thursday Sept. 21, 2006


My friend Dion Gardner stopped over as it was my wife's turn to host her Bunco group. We closed ourselves off in my den and settled down to a few games. Dion has been trying to play all the games in top 100 of the BGG, so we started the night off with a game of Carcassonne: The Castle. This is not only a great two player game, but one of my Top 10 games. Dion started building a huge mansion, which I warned him would be hard to finish. Somehow though, he managed to complete it halfway through the game. However, I managed to grab a huge number of bonus tiles and was able to put the game out of reach. Next, I introduced him to a light two player game that I like - Fjords. We only played one round to give him a feeling for the game. He seemed to enjoy it, so I'll probably try to get it out again for us sometime. To finish the night, I pulled out Battle Cry and we quickly setup the first of the senarios. I've only setup and played the game solo before, so it was basically a first game for us both. The game played quickly and the Confederates (my side) pulled out the win. We didn't have time to reverse the field, or I'm pretty sure Dion would have had similar results. We talked about the differences with Battle Cry and Memoir 44 and we resolved to both bring our Memoir games to the next Friday night game night in order to try for an overlord game.

No comments: