Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Game Collection

The BGG recently overhauled its game collection interface. I'm not sure that I care for the changes yet (I know I don't care for the new interface for games played, though I appreciate that you can now track opponents and wins). At any rate, I went back through my collection and updated a few ratings and added a few comments to games (and took out a few that I have traded recently). I'm sitting at 245 or so games. You can also track games you used to own if you care about that sort of thing. I don't care enough to go back through the system trying to find things I don't own anymore - I apparently didn't want them. If I did want them, they are on my wishlist. Going forward, I'll probably check the used to own box when I trade something away, but I'm not going to try and complete the backfill...
I'm trying to decide if I want to bother tracking Heroscape anymore. It got to be too hard to track the expansions using the geek (since it does it by wave, not each blister or whatever), so I started using the spreadsheets that folks were adding to the geek. Even that is a pain in the butt, but I have no better solution yet. At any rate, I'm thinking about taking out all the HS expansions from my collection on the BGG - they don't make much sense in that particular context. I won't record games played against an individual "wave". Nor would I rank them by wave. And finally, I'm not going to trade them. That ought to drop my collection about 10 games, but oh well.

3 comments:

Jaybird said...

For one reason or another, I never do put in any of my expansions (except for my Mr. Jack extension....

All of my HS stuff, my PitchCar stuff, the Zooloretto expansions, the Power Grid maps, etc. I don't see any need to put them in.

Things of No Interest said...

For PG and such I do - I like to keep track of which expansion map I played and so forth (same with AoS). But yeah, I could see not putting down expansions (pitchcar) that I'm not going to record plays on...

Jaybird said...

I suppose that the tracking deal makes sense....

I shouldn't be so lazy.