Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 10, 2007 Samurai

Another game of MaBiWeb Samurai finished up! This time around, Matthew Frederick and Mike Gingold joined me. We decided to just play with scoring open, since you can go back and read the log at anytime to figure out the scoring. I set this one up to let us pick our tiles this time (since Matthew had a few games under his belt to remind him of how to play). The game started simply enough with my grabbing of 4 Buddhas. Matthew was grabbing rice, and Mike had a hat majority. about 2/3 of the way through, I made a bad play and ended up grabbing a Buddha that I was pretty sure I wouldn't need right after I did it. Bah! In the end, I was pretty sure that I was not going to be able to overcome Mike, but I mis-calculated the turns and Matthew ended the game (I thought Mike would get another turn). When the dust settled, Matthew and I tied. The game online proclaimed us both winners, though I believe the real rules say the opposite - no winners! Either way, it was well played and fun.
Final score (majorities-other-total):

Charles: 1 - 4 - 9
Matthew: 1 - 4 - 9
Mike: 0 - 8 - 8

No comments: