Monday, October 23, 2006

Too much Age of Steam?

Ted Alspach's Board2Pieces gave me a good laugh today.




I counted on Friday night the number of Age of Steam maps I now have and I'm at 14.

  1. Rust Belt (default)
  2. Ireland (copy)
  3. Germany/Western US
  4. Korea/Scandinavia
  5. France/Italy
  6. 1800 Penn/Northern California
  7. Disco Inferno/Soul Train
  8. Scotland (2 player)
  9. Northern England (fan made)


In addition, I'm planning to get the fan maps for Spain and India done up. For once, I said no to a couple other maps - JC Lawrence's The Sun/London. I've also been hesitant to get the Steam Brother's maps, due to the price and I don't really know if I want a rolled up laminated set of maps. Now, The completionist in me really wants to have a full set, but the realist in me doesn't care that much. Ireland and England is the only ones I REALLY want, but I'm not paying $80 for them. A lot of the others are also so limited as to not make it worth my effort. I like having a variety of maps, I just wish my group wasn't so uptight about playing some of the alternate maps.

No comments: