Wednesday, October 04, 2006

VASSAL

I've discovered VASSAL. VASSAL is an engine that allows users to create mods that allow for the playing of boardgames over the internet (live or PBEM). My friend Dion is going to be out of town for a while, so we are going to try and play some Memoir and possibly some Battle Cry.

I'm also playing against Jason Maxwell. Jason and are are currently working through the first Memoir game. We'll see how long this lasts. The C&C games are fairly light and fun face to face, though I'm not sure how interesting it'll be over the long term playing by email.

There is also a VASSAL module for AoS (three maps - France, Scandinavia, Ireland), though I can't figure out how to seed the goods. AoS might be a bit of a pain though to play by email. The bidding and then choosing actions might make the game too long.

No comments: