Friday, November 23, 2007


Ok, so the one thing I really hate about BattleLore is the setup. Even having all the pieces in Plano cases its still a hassle. Its also a small hassle to move your units across the board. Until now. Inspired by this thread, I decided to try out making magnetic bases. I looked into the GF9 bases, but they were a bit costly as far as I could tell, so I went to Michael's and bought a couple of rolls of magnetic tape. I cut out little bases of illustrator board and "mounted" the tape to that. Another piece on the bottom of the figures and voila. Its definitely solid enough to lift the whole unit easily. Though it looks intrusive in the picture, its really not that noticeable. And yes, I started painting the units. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible - a couple bands of bright colors and a wash.

No comments: