Tuesday, June 13, 2017

What Did I Play Last Week: June 6 - June 12

My fascination with the Race for the Galaxy app on the iPad has continued (as has my poor showing against the AI).

Race for the Galaxy
So a few more games of Race against my friend. We have expanded our horizons a little (and the game), by using the Gathering Storm expansion. I think I'm getting worse against the Hard AI. As I said last week, I've enjoyed playing on iOS, but I still have no desire to do so at the tabletop. The goals that are added as part of Gathering Storm help improve the flaws I have with the base game, but based on the way I've been playing, at least one thing is still true - after about 4 cards played, you can usually tell if you are hosed (with the expansion, I concede that it might be up to 6 cards now). At any rate, the speed of the app makes it a good time killer, but I don't think there is anything calling me to the table for this.

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
A couple weeks back, I discovered a solo campaign for Legendary, this past week, I played out the last three scenarios. I really like this game and am excited to play the next campaign. Heck, I'll probably run my own randomly put together one just because I've enjoyed playing this way )(though I'd still rather play it with others). At any rate, I beat down the bad guys and (at least in my head), there was a fun comic story that was played out while I was doing it. My last game was Shield and The Avengers working to save mutants from Loki and the Legacy Virus! Good stuff.

Have a great week everyone and be sure to check us out at PunchBoard Media!


No comments: