Tuesday, July 03, 2007

July 3, 2007 - Samurai

Matthew Frederick, Tammy Smolka and I finally finished our rematch of Samurai on MaBiWeb. This time out, I never got a chance to get comfortable. It always felt like I was getting jobbed or wasting pieces while Tammy and Matthew got themselves into good positions. I somehow managed to get ahead in rice, but had few enough other pieces that I didn't think it mattered. Then as things started to tighten, I noticed I might have a slim shot at tying Matthew for hats, to keep him out of the race. As luck would have it, we nearly finished the board, but I was able to play my wild 3 Samurai to grab two pieces - one hat to tie Matthew in hats, and another rice. The extra hat not only took Matthew out of his majority, it gave me enough pieces to pass Tammy for the win. A very tight and exciting game.
Final scores (majorities - others - total):
Tammy: 1 - 4 - 8
Matthew: 0 - 8 - 8
Charles: 1 - 5 - 9

No comments: