Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Samurai

Mike Garrett, Justin Easley and I finished up a game of Samurai on MaBiWeb yesterday. After our (Mike and I's) bout of two-player games I thought I'd get another target involved. This time out, I jumped at the three totem city and everyone left me to get it on my own. Mike nailed the island to the South while Justin spread himself out waiting for his opportunity. I managed to suck up a number of pieces, and Mike caught up eventually. Then Mike threw out a 4-rice against the 3-totem city I'd been working on since I didn't have any rice support. However, through clever play on my part (read: luck) I was able to do a swap that hosed Justin and got me a rice to replace the one I'd lose in the big city. At that point I had two majorities to Mike's one. As the game approached the end, Justin and I looked at the board and what was left and we figured that Mike had one move left that could earn him a tie with me. I had to hope he didn't see it, and turned out he just missed it - he swapped the right piece, but threw it in the wrong spot, giving me the ability to close out the game. Final scores (majorities - others - totals:
Mike: 1 - 4 - 8
Charles: 1 - 5 - 10
Justin: 0 - 8 - 8

No comments: