Dimes (10+ plays)
- Samurai - as I said, this is a great game. Plays well with 2,3 or 4 players (though differently)
- Memoir 44 - These were all played via email with Jason Maxwell. It plays pretty well over email, but I just got bored with it and finally traded away all my board game Memoir collection since I figured that if I wanted to play a C&C game face to face I'd play C&C:Ancients instead
- Tichu - I love Tichu. I'm so glad to be where I can play this just about anytime I sit down at a table. The Fonz was willing to play with me in Omaha, but nobody else knew how to play.
Nickels (5+, less than 10)
- Chicago Express - at 9 plays, this almost made the Dime list. I really like this game, and hopefully the release of the Queen version will mean more folks will have played this. I really haven't played this much with anyone that has played multiple times.
- Chinese Checkers - I picked up a nice wooden board and bought some nice glass marbles for this children's game. Hey now its a nice display piece and game that I can play with my kids (and they do like it). I'd expect this to be a dime next year.
- In the Year of the Dragon - This disaster management / VP engine game saw as many plays as it did in large part to MaBiWeb implementing it. I like it, but think I'd rather play Notre Dame face to face.
- Micro Mutants: Evolution - as I've mentioned before, this was a surprise game for me. Never in a million years would have said I'd like or even play this. Even better though - my son can play it and he loves it.
- Qwirkle - this hit the list as Stephanie will play it a couple games at a time. Its ok and might see more play as the kids get older.
- Zooloretto - I kinda like this lighter game. After finally playing its sibling Aquaretto, I think I might like it better, but I'm not sure. Another one that will be a hit with the kids when they get a bit older.
- Agricola - The most hyped (maybe second most, hard to say) game of the year got five plays by me. I think its a pretty good game, but I think its best and fastest with 3.
- Battleball - the best part of these plays is that they were all with my son.
- Blokus Trigon - the best part of these plays is that they were all with my sister
- Ca$h 'n Gun$ - there is no reason I should like this "game" (its a social thing more than game, because if you play it as a "gamer", its no fun at all). Yet each time I played it, I laughed and had a great time. I keep getting asked why I don't rate it higher if that's the case, and the answer is pretty simple. It would wear out its welcome and not be any fun. It is simple a GREAT once-in-a-while-game.
- Race for the Galaxy - yes, its better than San Juan. It got played as the HOT THING. I think its ok, but didn't fall in love with it like everyone else did. There was too much else out there this year that I liked more. I traded my copy away and I'm not trying to re-acquire it. I'd still play it, but would look for another game first.
- Tsuro - another one where all my plays were with my son.