Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Misc blah blah blah

  • I ordered Confucius after liking it so much at the Geekway. I hope to play it very soon.
  • After finally getting to play Le Havre, the computer (Java 6) version was done. I played a couple of solo short games (4 rounds). I still don't quite get it. I think I'll play and play and then all the sudden it'll click. And by then nobody is going to want to play it anymore.
  • I still have something like 86 unplayed games (not counting expansions) in my collection. Some of the ones that really need to get played? Imperial, Die Macher, Doom, Khronos, Senji (that aborted attempt does not count), Medieval Merchant, Combat Commander: Europe, Shogun, etc etc
  • Geez, there is another laundry list of classic games to play too...
  • And expansions
  • Been playing a bit of Pokemon with my son. I'll be the first to admit that there is a lot of luck involved. I still beat him a lot, because he doesn't always understand the value in certain actions, but it is just as easy to suddenly find myself down 4 pokemon to nothing. I'm glad he doesn't just want to collect and look at the cards.
  • Speaking of my son, he is now done with Kindergarten. I promised to teach him a new game. A big game. Not sure what yet, but it'll probably be full of dice and figures. Maybe its time to start really playing Heroscape. He already loves the guys so...
  • Sadly, I think I need more shelves...

2 comments:

Mike G. said...

I will teach you Combat Commander whenever you want. Easily one of my favorite games.

Mike said...

Combat Commander is good fun.