Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PBEM Olympics - Mykerinos Game 1

After finishing our first game of Mykerinos for the PBEM Olympics, a couple of things became apparent:
  • Justin is going to kick our asses
  • I don't really care for the game. I don't hate it, but I struggle to wrap my head around it or something. I seem to do ok at times, and other times, I really suck.
  • Chester doesn't seem to care for the game.
I looked at the 4-player records for the players. Justin (including this game) has won 6 of 8 games on MaBiWeb. I don't think any of us have a load of experience with this game except Justin. Maybe we're pouring our energy into Samurai, but this one lacks the same tension that our other series has acquired.
At any rate, Justin did indeed win the game with a final score of - Justin: 48, Charles: 46, Nathan: 34, Chester: 31. Going into the last round, it was apparent to me that I had no ability to keep Justin from scoring points, nor any ability to collect more than he was going to be able to. In my head, I think I had him scoring more than he actually finished with, but it doesn't matter - a win is a win.

No comments: