Saturday, August 04, 2007

Getting Closer

Playing around again with the look here. I like this better - the other background was giving me a headache. The page still doesn't quite lay out like I want, but I'll have to work on that another time.

Ok, the colors are more like I want and I've now got a little dice image for each post heading. I don't quite care for the title banner, but I'm not sure what I want to do with that quite yet. Maybe I just need to bust out the camera and a game or two or 30 and come up with an image to use.

I think I know how to fix the side widget items to layout better, but I'll have to play with that a bit to know for sure.

So far this has been super tedious - I put in a chunk of stuff, see what it does. Go find an xml template that does what I want and try and figure out the piece that is like what I need. Bah!

*Update* - add new graphic for the header. Becky took a couple interesting shots of our Antike game, so I played with the gamma and brightness and then dropped some lettering on it.

*Update 8-8* - Added side widget header graphics. Not sure they came out quite like I wanted, so I may have to play with it a bit, but I figured out how to get them to display like I wanted, and that was the important part.


Red October said...

this is looks better...though the red on the title bar hurts my eyes a bit.

maybe you should make it your favorite color -- Pink. i think i'm going to get you a set of pink meeples...yes, that's your new color!

Red October said...

this is really taking shape - i like the article title bars.