Monday, August 27, 2007

Samurai Tourney

So I'm in this Samurai tourney on MaBiWeb. This post is because I'm bored and these guys don't play super fast, so it might be another 8 hours before I find out if my master plan works or not.
Well, here's the shot after my 12th turn of the game. This game started out funny - I expected to get hosed, but ended up taking pieces in bunches and roared out to a lead. Blue cashed in the last couple turns to be the threat. So my last turn I used my "replay" tile to play my 4 Buddha again and get another Buddha - thus putting that majority in contention for Blue (he now has none). My analysis of the situation is this: Blue cannot win. He doesn't have the pieces to get that last Buddha, unless yellow swaps and "gives" it to him somehow. Since she has a lock on it now, Yellow isn't likely to give it away. Blue has no wild and no rice influence tokens, so shouldn't be able to take my majority away either. So, as far as I can tell, I should be able to win this game. However, there is one small chance I don't win. If Yellow has the swap and were to move rice such that blue could win it, I'm pretty sure Green would win by grabbing a hat majority :( - let's hope she doesn't play kingmaker.

**UPDATE: Well, I think this will serve as my session report too. Its Blue's turn now, and about the only thing he can do now is end the game by grabbing another hat (and giving the last Buddha to Yellow) - he can't get a majority of anything in one move and I doubt he could he two with his pieces. If he doesn't end the game, I will. Green and I should end with one majority each, and I'll have 6 others to his 3. This one was a good tense game - I used the majority of my pieces, including my wild 3 this time! Hopefully I'm on a 4-player win streak! Here are the official results:
Final score (majorities - others - total):
snoozefest: 0 - 10 - 10
Charles: 1 - 6 - 11
tammykins: 0 - 4 - 4
mdp: 1 - 3 - 7
Winner: Charles

No comments: