Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another Satisfied Customer

Well, here go. Apparently like most humans, my secret Santa target has no self control (I waited last year :P). At any rate, here is his posting from the BGG. Thanks to Santa's helper Mike Gingold for making this possible.

So, after waiting (very patiently) all this time, I come home from a game session tonight, and my wife tells me "This just came for you." Could it be??? Yes! It's my Secret Santa package!
"Yes Virginia, there is a Santa, and he apparently lives in Arizona." This explains the cryptic question about whether I like salsa. It also explains the 2 jars of absolutely delicious looking salsa that were hiding amongst the packing peanuts. Locally (AZ) made stuff, not that mass-produced slop! Yummy! :devil:

(SS, you had me a little worried there for a minute. I wasn't sure whether you meant the food or the dancing. I'm relieved to find out it was the food!!):laugh:

Also inside is a wrapped box that doesn't quite match up with anything I'm figuring to get off my Wishlist. I am perplexed, and anxious. I send off a quick note to my SS, asking if it's all right to open it. He answers, but I'm still not sure if I should wait, or not. I decide I'm going to try to be good. This lasts for maybe 15 minutes, until my wife tells me "Just go ahead and open it" for the third time. (Yes, it's all her fault!) Hey, I can take just so much - I'm only human - so I tear into the box. As I open the top flaps, I see "There are 2 items in here" written on the inside of one flap, and "Make sure you get both" on the other. BOTH? This box isn't that big, and I was not that good, was I? :what:

So, I start to paw through the peanuts, and come up with - OMG!!! - Groo: the Game!!!!!!! I search a little further, and find Groo: The Card Game Expansion Set as well!!!!! :surprise:

Now, I've always been a big fan of Senor Aragones, and I love Groo, but I was not expecting this!! Both those games have been out of print for quite a while, and no one was offering it for sale. I don't know how he did it, ninja but my Santa managed to get ahold of both! He has gone way above and beyond what I could have hoped for!

MY SECRET SANTA ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!!!!!

THANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOUTHANK-YOU!

No comments: