Monday, December 01, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

At the beginning of the year, I built a list of things I hoped to do by the end of the year. As we approach the end of 2008, I thought I'd review the list. I Bought games I planned to: Starcraft, Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #1: Greece & Eastern Kingdoms, La Citta (traded La Citta without ever playing it), Indonesia (though I thought it'd be Antiquity), Battle Cry and Himalya. Played games I planned to play: Race For The Galaxy and Agricola.
Failed: to paint my Descent set, put my BattleLore guys on bases, play Die Macher or A Game of Thrones (though I plan to get AGoT in yet), acquire a few games: the rest of the Alea big box set (which is ok - I don't have the room yet) and Through the Ages (quality control issues kept me away). I did manage to play or trade away a larger number of my unplayed games - the number is still big, but dropping faster than I thought it would. Some of that had to do with my son started playing games, so I did play a number of games with him. Some of that was just a better effort on my part.

Of course, things changed way back in April (we decided to move back to AZ) and that threw a wrench in things, but that's ok. It has been an interesting gaming year. I've started to think about next year a bit, but for now - the things I will try to do this month (aka, this year): finish Atolla for Mike Gingold. Play A Game of Thrones. Whew. Trust me, those are two big orders, but doable this year. There are also 19 games sitting at 3 or 4 plays that I might have to push up to the nickle list. Wabash is also close to needing to be on the dime list. Not sure I can stuff in two more playings, but we'll see. I have a lot of games that hit nickle and dimes this year - more than I certainly thought I would.

1 comment:

Mike G. said...

I want to try wabash still!